TBay On The Move!
2023 Active Commute Challenge - June 1 - June 30
Hey Thunder Bay and District, the Active Commute Challenge (ACC) is back for June 2023! It’s time to dust off your walking shoes, tune up your bikes, and prepare for the Active Commute Challenge!
The Active Commute Challenge:
- encourages you to switch your ride and actively commute to / from work
- is a friendly workplace competition – check out the leaderboard!
- allows you to track your active commutes and see your progress
- has prizes for individuals and workplaces!
You can track any active commute where you left your vehicle at home! Taking the bus to the grocery store, biking to your dentist appointment or walking to your meeting can all be submitted as an active commute!
Active Commute Challenge Workplace Champion Webinar
The Active Commute Challenge (ACC) is back for June 2023! Workplace champions help spread the word for the ACC and are vital to recruit and motivate team members! If you’re interested in becoming a workplace champion, then you’re invited to attend our free webinar on May 25 @ 10:30-11:30am.
By attending this free webinar, you’ll learn:
- the benefits of actively commuting to work and the role of the workplace
- the role of the workplace champion and resources and swag that are provided
- what local active commuters have to say about their experiences
You’ll also hear from our keynote speaker, Sawyer Jonker. Sawyer is a graduate student from University of Waterloo who is an active transportation enthusiast and has also lived in Thunder Bay. He will discuss the benefits of actively commuting and why and how workplaces should support active transportation.
To register, visit: SurveyMonkey.com/r/TbayACC
Active Commute Challenge Launch Event
Join us at the Active Commute Challenge Launch Event on Saturday, May 27, 2023 from noon-4:00pm at the Confederation College Wellness Centre.
This free event will have:
- free basic bike tune-ups to get your bike ready for the ACC
- engaging displays
- group rides on the surrounding paths